Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fayetteville Street Style in Chicago

I'm back! I'm so bad at blogging regularly, but now that the school year is ending I should be able to get back on track. I recently went to the windy city (so lovely) with my school's A Capella choir and was smitten the entire time. We did so much! Tours, shopping, museums, BLUE MAN GROUP, and so so much more.

While downtown I couldn't help but notice the posh-ness of it all. So many neutrals and angles and structure! All of the people looked so, for lack of a better word, cool. Although Chicago isn't one of the first places I turn to for fashion inspiration, there were some lovely aspects that had my mind racing! I loved the rivers flowing through the skyscrapers and the colorful street art among otherwise bland colors. So much contrast and beauty! 

I wanted to do a spotlight on Chicago street style, but unfortunately no Chicagoans were willing to have their picture taken by some random tourist with a group wearing matching t-shirts. I did manage to snap some photos of a couple of girls in the group who looked as if they belonged in the city. 

This is Alyssa
And this is Cassie.

While Alyssa is decked out in Urban Outfitters and Cassie is thrifted from head to toe, both ladies rock the different Chicago styles!

I also stumbled upon Amanda. A sweet Chicagoan that looked just like a part of our group! Her orange pop of color was a surprise to me in neutral city Chi-town.

So adorable.


Anyway, here are some randoms from my trip. Enjoy!


Street art!


the Bean or Cloud Gate if you wanna be technical!


Friends at Navy Pier

3 comments:

  1. cassie looks BRILLIANT. love her outfit, and i'm kind of jealous she/you were able to enjoy some non-humid weather haha. chicago is such a great city! those black lacy tights of amanda are pretty cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Amanda's scarf and yours! What fun colors!

    ReplyDelete