Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mixing Prints

Lately, I've been obsessed with mixing prints, especially florals and stripes. There's something so whimsical about florals and stripes that make me feel so young and fresh! The fun part about pairing the two together is that there are so many different ways in which the combination can be worn:

This Free People ad shows off the carefree, boho-chic look that is always comfy and stylish! It's a perfect daytime look paired with a nice platform or wedge sandal.


This look proves that color coordination is key. The light pinks and purples tied together with a deep indigo provide for a perfect spring-ish feel. 

This is the definition of a "modern girl tea party" look. The structure in the shirt and skirt play against each other wonderfully, while the statement necklace doesn't make it too boring.

2 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE the shorts in the second photo!

    I need some chunky jewelry to wear with my prom dress. Any suggestions where I should go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo! mixing prints is so much fun! reading this post makes me want to get dressed. haha i love getting dressed.

    ReplyDelete