Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Media Contact #4

No matter what form of media I encounter, I hear or see something about certain states petitioning to secede from the United States and to create a completely independent government. It's a ridiculous idea but for some reason it's very entertaining to practically anyone.

For that very reason, the media just cannot get enough of this secession business. As a result, I see it all over Facebook, Twitter, local websites and programs, and even on the radio.

I've expressed my opinion on the media's power in previous posts, but I never realized how truly significant it is. It informs people and those people try to inform others via social media, and then that starts trending and becomes another story on yet another form of media.


No comments:

Post a Comment